circle cutting jig for router??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We did one as a group buy which I designed. I have zero feedback from the participants and cannot comment if it did work as intended on their routers (most were Bosch POF1400 ones). I can confirm it works great on the DeWalt DW625 router and is accurate down to the 1/10 of a mm.

If you think you can adapt it, I will gladly send you the design files - they`re CAD files for routing so you just need to find a CNC company to machine one from 4mm aluminium or steel.

Here`s the thread:

EU: Router circle jig 56mm-420mm in 1mm step

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I hesitated for years before buying a Japser jig. Just didn't want to pay the $$.
How wrong I was. I love it! Money well spent. For larger circles, I make a jig from 1/8" masonite. Usually have to make it twice, as I tend to get the first hole placement wrong. :)

2 minor caveats with that Milescraft circle cutting jig:

1 -The pivot pin that came with mine had a smaller diameter than the pivot hole, so it can wobble a little. No biggie, I found an old drill bit that fit exactly into the pivot hole and used that for a pivot pin.

2: The scale is not super accurate, probably OK for carpenter level work, but for precise diameter setting use a tape measure or metal ruler to set it exactly.

I still MUCH prefer it over the Jasper jig.

Lukas

awesome thanks guys. I'll check out that one at home depot :)

avtech23,
Here are the pictures, as requested.

Easy to use and set up. Smaller or larger circles are accommodated by flipping the pin plate through 180 degrees.

Tromp

Attachments

• 20190306_111303.jpg
    20190306_111303.jpg
    836.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.