ELEKIT TU-8850 SE KT170 SET AMP

I do not know the price of Lundahl until early October
I will offer pre-order customer equal to the price difference of stock and Lundahl. I will guess around $550-$600 plus shipping
Cap is VCAP CUTF or AN Copper
Also I will offer AN Tantalum Resistor.
Yes, KT170 + CV4003/12AU7WA

Reactions: 1 user
Translated from SunValley (measured by Mr Ohashi) Web Site
ELEKIT's the best sound quality ever! TU-8850/KT170

Following Elekit's tradition of being easy to make, even for beginners, and offering the top-notch performance has been firmly maintained.

Like the previous version TU-8800, the TU-8850 can be selected between UL (ultra-linear) and Triode connection, but even in triode connection, an output of 9W (in KT170/HIGH mode) can be obtained. If anything, the Triode mode of multiode tube amplifiers is a "bonus" element, and I'm getting more and more interested in the sound in triode mode along with the design value of Ip = 80mA .

There is a NFB variable mechanism that was also used in the TU-8900. You can change the amount of Feedback by shifting the six jumper sockets installing . The photo shows the gain at Normal (= large amount of feedback).

The amount of feedback is actually measured.

Normal Gain: Approx. 11.5dB (Gain 22dB)

At High Gain: Approximately 5dB (gain 28.5dB)

when using a preamplifier, the manufacturer recommends to use Normal Gain.

TU-8850 also has more space for replacing the coupling capacitor. This is ideal when upgrading the standard capacitor shown in the upper left of the photo to, VCAP CuTF, Audio Note Copper or Silver Cap

Now it's time for the audition. First of all, with the UL connection, the KT170 (MODE: HIGH) has a clear contrast and sibilance and the sound is typical of a polyode single tube. I played the JBL4344 in the listening room at a fairly high volume, and the sound image did not become cloudy or distorted at all, indicating that it was a solid amp.

I had high expectations for when I first started measuring it. As mentioned above, the TU-8850 has a considerable plate current flowing through it, and its operation is so great that it makes you wonder if the designer had the sound of three knots in mind from the beginning. The sound with this triple connection has a lower center of gravity than with UL, the density of the mid-low range has increased, and the sense of temperature (heat) in the sound has increased, which is exactly what KT170 is!

Reactions: 4 users
I do not know the price of Lundahl until early October
I will offer pre-order customer equal to the price difference of stock and Lundahl. I will guess around $550-$600 plus shipping
Cap is VCAP CUTF or AN Copper
Also I will offer AN Tantalum Resistor.
Yes, KT170 + CV4003/12AU7WA
Hi Victor,
Has Mr. Fujita looked at Audio Note Niobium Non-Magnetic Resistors? I purchase for a project from hificollective (0.5W, 1W, 2W) as PartsConnexion does not carry these yet.

"Audio Note has created a new range of resistors to add to their already expansive range of parts. Niobium Non-Magnetic resistors which are constructed of a Niobium resistive layer, rather than their usual choice of Tantalum.

Niobium has never been used in a resistor as far as we know. Audio Note looked at its properties and felt it was worth testing, and discovered that it is finer and more even sounding than Tantalum so they proceeded with production, starting with the 2W version. We now also have stock of the 0.5W version, with The 1W version is under development.

As is the case with all Audio Note resistors, they are manufactured using the sputter target process, which makes a much better sounding resistor but is also more difficult to use. Niobium is even harder to use than Tantalum as the temperature co-efficient of this material is far more difficult to control in production.

Leadouts are nickel-plated copper."

Reactions: 1 user
Aluminum electrolytic capacitor

□ 100µF (S00V) 2pcs

□ 47µF (450V) 2pcs

□ 10µF (450V) 4pcs

□ 100µF (100V) 4pcs

□ 4700µF (16V) 1pc

□ 10µF (16V) 2pcs

□22uF(80V(indicated as K)) 4pcs

□1000uF(6.3V) 2pcs

□ 0.1uf 600V (coupling cap)

Reactions: 2 users
4 (ELEKIT design team)of us including Mr.Fujita listened to TU-8550 and had the same opinion --> very good.

This is the feedback from ELEKIT design team (4 people). Lundahl LL3727 is working very welll with TU-8850SE + KT170...
We use TU-8900 OPT -PCB to test. The production version is custom made for LL3727

Reactions: 4 users