• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB - ACA Power Supply Filter Kits

I have a question similar to the one posted by JKiriakis. I would like to build this as a stand alone filter - similar to the DIY Audio Store SMPS filter kit - sitting between the power supply and the ACA amp. The Amp is an ACA ver 1.8. Should I leave one V+ connection detached, or parallel the V+ connections into a single V+ wire going to the Amp? Thanks!

Jim B.

Thanks for your quick response! I understand how to wire the board if it is installed internally in the ACA amp. My question / concern is if I build it as an external filter with a wire connecting the filter to the single DC input plug on the back of the amp (similar to the way the power supply plugs into the amp). Here are my specific questions:
1) If I connect only one V+ from the filter board to the V+ terminal on the back of the ACA amp I will be using only one "channel" of the filter board. Will this single channel be able to handle the full amperage draw of both channels of the ACA Amp?
2) If the single channel of the board cannot handle the full amperage draw of the amp, is there a way to use both channels of the filter, with it supplying power via the single DC input plug on the back of the amp? In other words, if the two V+ output channels of the filter board are connected in parallel does this change the filtering characteristics, or create any other problems?

Regards,
Jim

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Jim,

The inductor is good up to 4.x amps. So you're good to use one "channel" of the filter for both channels in an external setup. Are you making a little breakout box? Or just experimenting? I wouldn't run this "naked" except to test on the bench.

Remember that you will need to hook up both V+ and V- wires from the PSU to the PCB and then to amp. Not just V+.