• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

I have a lot of Audio Semiconductor Components for sale but am I wasting my time trying to sell them on here?

I have a lot of Audio Semiconductor Components for sale but am I wasting my time trying to sell them on here? I was under the impression that they were difficult to find and sought after, but I have been contacted by quite a few people but only one person has grabbed any so far. Is there a positive thread on here for good sellers?

Looks like your a fairly new member around here so that might be perceived as a greater risk to the buyer. If you have positive feeback else where, a link to that forum could help reassure would be buyers. I don't think it's a waste as it appears to be an active forum, albeit things can fall off the front page, and might only be found via search tool. Perhaps create a list with qty and pricing discounting on large qty, or link to an excel sheet with your inventory, with a catchy title e.g bargain audiophile semiconductors.

I'm interested to know what parts you have available

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I find that selling DIY audio-related items is slow-going. The size of this community gives the impression that there is a huge market for all this stuff, but in reality we are a tiny percentage of the population. I've literally never met another audio DIYer in my life. Have you?

I do agree with beeah that your location is not working in your favour. Even being in Canada, right next to the States, is a disadvantage.

You might do better to find a "local" (Australian) audio-related buy & sell site and list your stuff there. Even then, be prepared to let stuff sit there for months. Here in Canada, we have CanuckAudioMart. The vast majority of stuff sold quickly on there is fully functioning name-brand audio gear. Audio gear is a niche market (phone speakers and sound bars satisfy 90% of people), and DIY audio gear is a fraction of that. Patience. Just list it and forget about it until the listing expires and then re-post.

The last resort, of course, is ebay.

This gives me pause when buying components for DIY audio. It isn't like you can just re-sell stuff instantly if you change your mind.

Reactions: 3 users
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I would agree with most here,
I’ve listed diy complete assemblies that are well done and from excellent designs, yet I get very little response typically. Which leads to dropping the price to draw attention, which eventually leads me to put it back on the shelf. Just my 2 cents.
Best of luck with your sales
I will add,
If you watch these forums regularly you will occasionally notice someone who is looking for just what you advertised that may have not seen your offering. In which case you can pm and perhaps improve your chances

Here is a full list of stuff I have which is relevant to the DIY Audio Community, mostly IC's and all from National and TI. I have at least 10pcs of most of the items listed here (I have 5 of a few only). I don't have prices listed, but I am NOT looking to extract every last dollar from a sale. I am after a 'reasonable' price for the parts. The more stuff you grab at once the better I can do them for. I can't do much about the postage from Australia it's high, however ALL of the National Semiconductor devices were purchased directly from National and ALL of the TI parts were purchased from TI - NO middle men.

I can send fewer parts if you want to pay as a friend via Paypal, and I can send them cheaper and slower with NO TRACKING.
OR Normally, i.e., more expensive with tracking (+4% to cover Paypal fees, Paypal now has a fee calculator so I can tell you the exact amount).

As an example: National LME Metal Cans (HA):
LME49720HA $6 each. (50pcs $5)
LME49710HA $5 each (50pcs $4)
LME49713HA $4 each. (50pcs $3)
$20 delivery to USA
+4% for Paypal (to cover the fees unless sent as friend).
I can send less than 10pcs (TOTAL not 10 of each), but you would probably want no tracking and pay as a friend as well.

ALSO as mentioned:
The first one to buy 50pcs LME49710HA gets for free 1 x LM3886TF 1 x LM1875T 1 x LM4702CTA
The first one to buy 50pcs LME49713HA gets for free 1 x LM3886TF 1 x LM1875T 1 x LM4702CTA
The first one to buy 50pcs LME49720HA gets for free 1 x LM3886TF 1 x LM1875T 1 x LM4702CTA

Which is the kind of deal I can do if you buy a lot of parts from me.

Attachments

• DIYAudio Semiconductor Listing.pdf
    27.6 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: 1 user
Potential buyers are justifiably scared of new members selling fakes. They find their way into every country.
I have come across fakes when buying transistors for synths before, so I know it happens. If there was some place who would just grab them all off me for a reasonable price I would sell them all at once but the problem is they want them for virtually nothing. I'm not some desperate guy who is obsessed with money, I just don't want to waste my time when 'I' know that they are legitmate parts. I have more very rare Synthesizer parts than these audio components and it's the same problem there.

I am located in Victoria Australia.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just got fakes from one of the two main bricks and mortar chain retailers in Australia, if you get my drift. They claim to be looking into it and their supplier has asked for photos, but I have no answer yet. I expect the supplier to deny it, but we shall see.

No reflection on you at all BTW, just explaining how bad it is now.

I didn't buy any of these from a shop or distributor here they were direct from National and TI. As an example someone asked for a price on OPA2107AP, they are about ~$27 USD still (~$40 AUD).

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/texas-instruments/OPA2107AP/251135

Here is an unopened pack of five that I have in my drawers which came from TI direct 14 years ago (see photos below and the date).

If someone wants the 5, they can have them for $100 USD.

Attachments

• OPA2107AP Front.jpg
    OPA2107AP Front.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 100
  • OPA2107AP Rear.jpg
    OPA2107AP Rear.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Okay let's say $105 USD posted to the UK OR $100 USD for all 5 to the US then, you want them?

Although to be fair to me most of the IC's I have you can't get from Digikey for any price and therefore free delivery is irrelevant for ones like the LME49710/13/20HA Cans. If you want to knock on my door you can checkout and grab anything I have for zero delivery.

Also looking at EBay just now to see what the IC's look like that they are selling on there, while I write this; I can see why people are concerned about fakes. Some of them look ridiculous like they have been sanded and hand painted, it's why I don't want to sell anything on there. If I photograph an IC to place up there, soon someone from overseas will be using my image to sell a 'cheaper' fake.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I have sold to two users on here already, and gave them both good deals, but neither has come on here to say that they got what they paid for. I thought these forums were more supportive than this. I would usually never ask for feedback, but people don't know me on here so I was not expecting praise for delivering what they paid for just a quick note to let people know that I deliver what I say I will and that it was packaged well.

It's a simple exchange, we agree on a price and you pay with Paypal then I send what you've paid for and every one is happy. You're not happy with what I sent (although I doubt it), you send them back and I'll even pay for the postage - simple.

If someone wants to try a few before they buy more, I can post a few items for about $5 postage.

This is a swap meet and not a commercial site so after the transaction both parties move on. I have sold and given away heaps through here and a good place to pass along gear.

No news is good news as if there was an issue there certainly would be additional posts by the buyer.

Reactions: 1 users