Obituary of the Sycamore Gap Tree

According to the historian at a mining camp I visited in Colorado, in 1850 the leading cause of death for a woman was childbirth and the leading cause of death for a man was busted gut (Hernia).

Not many die from those causes today.
Under a hundred years ago, anything that an antibiotic treats today could have killed you. Things we consider minor annoyances were often death sentences.

Reactions: 1 users
Richard - your first sentence is complete nonsense. Lots of pregnancies happened simply because birth control in any form didn't exist at that time. The catholic church tried to impose a completely unworkable form of abstinence that was never going to work.
I don't think one theory precludes the other. A high child mortality rate could make people not stress about having higher numbers of them. They may not have decided in advance that they'd have 6 and hope a couple survived but why worry about having several if 15-45% were likely not to make it. Keeping in mind that the mortality numbers were among all children born so the well off families, where survival rates were likely higher, would have skewed the number.

It is interesting that his theory in the 80's that we were moving away from treating children as needing protection from the ugly things in the world and that was basically leading to adults that still act like children,
I recall John Bradshaw from that era saying something like "if you dont get to be a child when you're a child, you get to be that when you're an adult". Imagine all the souls who never got to do that, for one reason or another. Imagine the fortune one had, if you did get to just be a child, when you actually were one. Make it through that period alive too - and become an emotionally healthy adult.

A being which I assume doesnt go 'round cutting down precious living things, for spite.

I expect they were often too worn out with toiling on the land otherwise they'd have made their own entertaiment (sex aside) - singing, boozing, dancing, sparring etc.
In the cold winter months the storyteller was an important person with everyone (the Celts) sitting around the peat fires or the Vikings sitting around their log fires hearing the sagas told by the 'scalds'.

Storytelling is a part of all peoples and cultures across the world. before my 'evil' sister had polluted the minds of her son and daughter I used to tell stories at bedtime to them. One of them by the Little Black Eagle people was about - Jumping Mouse which left them full of questions and my sister angry because they wouldn't go to sleep until I returned.

There is a very good book written by Hymestosis Stern - Seven Arrows. If only the European settlers could have found the courage to open their minds to the teachings of the peace chiefs. Same goes for the Spanish in Central and South America.If only Montezuma had managed to persuade the cowardly brainwashed Cortez to drink that psychotropic drink - a different world beckoned.

Reactions: 1 user
had polluted the minds
the courage to open their minds to the teachings of the peace chiefs.
to drink that psychotropic drink
It is to wonder if cybernetic viruses are only for computers They say sometimes it takes just one correctly administered dose - like running an antivirus program, the brainwashed in pollution just goes away as a result. All you have to do then is keep yourself from getting reinfected again, or with something different but viral nonetheless.

"A being I assume doesn't go 'round cutting down precious living things" Wow, as one who hiked in & about the Tillamook forests of the Oregon coastal ranges...Precious? being surrounded by thick growth of forests, actually trying to get somewhere, hiking, traveling...that spiky branch that skewers your leg, you not "adoring" that forest growth, you're swearing at it.
Your anthropomorphic tendencies are here on full display...While us humans are capable of spite, (hurt, annoy, offend)...a tree cannot think, comprehend, reason nor be "hurt". Hurt is a human descriptor...now the public at large may very well be offended by the tree being cut down....the tree doesn't mind one way or another.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick...

"A being I assume doesn't go 'round cutting down precious living things" Wow, as one who hiked in & about the Tillamook forests of the Oregon coastal ranges...Precious? being surrounded by thick growth of forests, actually trying to get somewhere, hiking, traveling...that spiky branch that skewers your leg, you not "adoring" that forest growth, you're swearing at it.
Your anthropomorphic tendencies are here on full display...While us humans are capable of spite, (hurt, annoy, offend)...a tree cannot think, comprehend, reason nor be "hurt". Hurt is a human descriptor...now the public at large may very well be offended by the tree being cut down....the tree doesn't mind one way or another.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick...
The destruction of forests by the Aryan conquerers of Al-Andaluz seriously impacts the climate in the peninsular today. The depleted forests of the Amazon and the forests of Asia are impacting the climate of the whole planet right now.

Fact - the monkey that fell out of the baobob trees of the Rif valley x number of years ago needs the planet - just to survive. The planet doesn't need the monkey and would be in far better shape and with a lot more life forms if the monkey disappeared up it's own rear end.

That "monkey" of which you speak of will soon develop a useful asteroid deflector technology that would save this "precious" planet. I'll bet anything the planet wouldn't offer so much as a simple "thank you"...oh, that's right, this giant ball of semi-molten rock can't think. I'm sorry you think of your own species so poorly...perhaps if you lived One-hundred thousand years ago you might feel better?, ya' know, that "One with nature" malarky.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick...

that "One with nature" malarky.
Being so steeped in the brine of our own making, I doubt that's even a possibility anymore; up there with the latest generation ever getting to own their own house. My fav is the video of these bugs twitching a mile away, every time the radar dish goes round at the local airport. Then they want to put a 5G emitter on every streetlight, so there's really no chance of being able to get away back to anything resembling before humankind's exponential takeover going straight up.

Some say those bugs dont matter; something's going to come down from the heavens and wipe the slate clean anyway, so might as well burn the place down before that happens, enjoy the warmth. I happen to disagree and feel that's a cop-out on any care taker responsibility humankind just might be accountable to, regardless of that being such an inconvenience and all. What's a few bugs twitching compared to a plane load of people? Who's so arrogant to think we can put one's self at any location on the planet in just a day or two? Oh, that meeting just has to be face to face... pfffft!

That "one with nature" stuff was akin to that essay of Montaigne's, whereby feelings matter more than rationality, a common theme of todays twisted thinking. The truths within ancient times was primarily an epic struggle to just survive with little time & effort available for reflection & profound thought...only when grain bins were full and civilization took a solid grip, time was available for nebulous thoughts.
To quote a line from a movie, as if we could "speak" to the planet, "we can co-exist, but only under my terms".
Don't like to fly?, then walk...let's see how far you get...and there are still peoples who have never ventured outside their hometowns their entire lives.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick...

Er, back on topic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-69011665

These two accused tree-loving persons clearly have nothing to hide on the way to the preliminary hearing in Newcastle on Tyne for this monstrous act of £620,000 Sycamore abuse:

Sycamore Gap.jpg

One presumes they are conscientiously still wearing Covid facemasks and hats... :rolleyes:

Why do criminals always plead not guilty, or no plea, and make silly claims like they had merely FOUND a chainsaw and were on their way to a Police Station to hand in the afore-mentioned carefully wiped item?

The Accused.jpg

Personally I'm hoping they get a suspended sentence, but this is unlikely since we abolished hanging in the UK, so maybe extradite them to the USA for gassing or whatever the Americans do these days in the Death Belt.... sets an example. :ROFLMAO:

The shirts and ties and tidy haircuts don't fool me. These are hoodies. The neck and hand tattoos are a clear giveaway of criminal tendencies. Guilty as hell IMO. I always trust PC Plod, and so should you.

PC Plod.png

12th. of June for the Trial. Can't wait! :)

Best, Steve.

Last edited:
Joined 2018
The District Judge deemed the case to be "too serious" to be heard in the magistrate's court and the pair, who are now on bail, will attend Newcastle crown court on 12 June.

The prosecuting lawyer said the case was "complex" and involved cell site analysis, number plate recognition technology, botany, evaluation of the tree and image "enhancement".

P.S. In March, Northumberland National Park said that the largest section of the tree would go on display at a tourist attraction close to its original site.

Er, back on topic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-69011665

These two accused tree-loving persons clearly have nothing to hide on the way to the preliminary hearing in Newcastle on Tyne for this monstrous act of £620,000 Sycamore abuse:

View attachment 1310526

One presumes they are conscientiously still wearing Covid facemasks and hats... :rolleyes:

Why do criminals always plead not guilty, or no plea, and make silly claims like they had merely FOUND a chainsaw and were on their way to a Police Station to hand in the afore-mentioned carefully wiped item?

View attachment 1310527

Personally I'm hoping they get a suspended sentence, but this is unlikely since we abolished hanging in the UK, so maybe extradite them to the USA for gassing or whatever the Americans do these days in the Death Belt.... sets an example. :ROFLMAO:

The shirts and ties and tidy haircuts don't fool me. These are hoodies. The neck and hand tattoos are a clear giveaway of criminal tendencies. Guilty as hell IMO. I always trust PC Plod, and so should you.

View attachment 1310547

12th. of June for the Trial. Can't wait! :)

Best, Steve.
They'll not be locked up - the prisons are overflowing.
Possibly not even a suspended sentence just a big fine and ideally 10000000hrs of community service.