Running amp boards parallel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Out of curiosity and looking at finished projects online (I may have misread what was done) is it possible to run multiple class d amps but use one input signal and maybe PSU?

I'm not sure what is required if at all possible, if you need some form of pre amp or other board/circuit etc

I'm guessing I could split the power at the DC Jack providing I have the amps.

I have a reliable 2*15w board and I was wondering about putting a mono with it to power a mid bass or small sub. I know you can get 2.1's off sites, but they seem to be a roll of the dice for quality.

Ps not a duplicate thread mods, no relation to eBay recommendations

You can operate more amplifier boards or amplifier channels from a single power supply and use the same signal at the inputs as long as the amplifiers have their individual speaker. The input impedance of the amplifiers will be put in parallel such that you may need a buffer stage (pre-amp) before the inputs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.