• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The new DDDAC1794MK3 (DAC and PSU) - Technical and support thread

If we want to order the output transformer from Sowter do we simply ask for "DDDAC special"? And what about these custom chokes? I did read your initial blog post and trying to decide on values/amorphous etc.

How do the Sowters compare to what Audio Creative has on offer? Can only find a listing for their gold edition.

Reactions: 1 user
The Sowters are not offered in their standard program. you can acquire them in my webshop….
Hmmm. On dddac.com there is a "Sales/Webshop" tab with links to the Audio Creative webshop. The direct link to the DDDAC WEB SHOP does not work. Also, I don't think Audio Creative sells the Sowter transformer. They only have their "gold" transformer, but they don't say anything about the make/brand or the specifications of these trannies.

Hi Doede. I see that you used 100uF capacitors in the analog section of the new DDDAC MK3, but you used 10uF capacitors on the older DAC.

Is there a reason for this capacity bump? Is the sound of the new DAC improved because of this?

I understand that VCC-->GND caps depend on the power supply, but I am specifically interested in the VCOM capacitors and their values.

Btw I am really happy to see that DDDAC is still alive and improving. Thanks for that!

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The only reason is taking what is available, for the audio grade ones it starts at 100uF, which is fine as well. I did some tests and the value is all but critical. In the old ones I was able to get the 10uF easily, so it was 10uF. I did testing on the values and it turned out fine for all values above 10uF. For example only 100nF or 0,47UF was not ok. Too low. The higher it got, the better the noise and linearity was.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
@mbrennwa

this is what the manual says.... I think that is explicit enough? but happy to change to make it more clear ?

1713789795594.png

Joined 2003
Paid Member
@mbrennwa

there is no specific page for every choke they do. This is the general page, and you use the contact button and ask for the DDDAC Choke. They know about this and will give you price and delivery time.

https://www.aeetransformers.com/products/choke-coils.html

I made a small addendum on my blog post with the links (after the conclusion)

Last edited: