Banned
Joined 2011

Attachments

• Hypex Fusion Plate amps.jpg
    Hypex Fusion Plate amps.jpg
    856 KB · Views: 13,524
Last edited:
Joined 2015
They did not show them at an audio show.
They were presented at a professional show; no HiFi there.
Could it be that the first samples were only finished at the start of the PLS? PLS is a pro exhibition, but that does not mean that they are stamped OEM..

Banned
Joined 2011
Alternatives to what, and what game do they change?

Alternative to other plate amps with SOTA class D amps and SOTA DSP. They will likely be the best DSP plate amps available to the DIY marketplace. It will enable the DIY community to build SOTA active speakers far beyond what was possible before their release.

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
These are OEM modules.
Hypex aims at the studio market (monitors) and hi end loudspeaker market.
I am pretty sure that these will not become available for DIY; not interesting for them.

Banned
Joined 2011
For me it's refreshing to see this technology become mainstream. I envision a future of only active speakers in the HIFI market. Passive speakers and multiple boxes and cables is just technology from the dark ages. The future is active only.

Banned
Joined 2011
These are OEM modules.
Hypex aims at the studio market (monitors) and hi end loudspeaker market.
I am pretty sure that these will not become available for DIY; not interesting for them.

So I guess the fact that they made the announcement months ago that they will be available for the DIY market, is meaningless for you?

"Hypex AS, DS and PSC series replacement:

We are in the process of replacing all the AS, DS and PSC amplifiers. We are currently selling our last stock. With the launch of the NCxxxMP series we created the ideal platform for a new and better plate amplifier range. We are in the midst of developing a brand new DSP board to go with the NCxxxMP to create a truly special sounding plate amplifier way surpassing the old series, but not being much more expensive."

Hmmmmm. Looks like the DIY website to me

https://www.diyclassd.com/nieuws/

Or was that just to tease the DIY community?