CHR-70.3 Pensil Build Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I read in an old thread about modifications to Pensil dimensions and to my understanding it's OK "within reason" to adjust the width and depth. I'd like to increase the width by one inch and shorten the depth by one inch and leave everything else unchanged. That way I can cut two sides from one piece of some really nice 2 x 4 baltic birch plywood and thus minimizing waste and cost.
So my questions is this an acceptable modification? Thanks.

Mancave62,

Let me give an example - say a speaker cabinet has an internal width of 6" and internal depth of 10.5". So the cross section area would be 6" x 10.5" = 63 sq inch.

If we increase the internal cabinet width to 7" and want to maintain the same cross section area of 63 sq inch, then we have to adjust the depth to 63/7= 9".

Hope this helps.

Please note that the Pensil CHR70.3 internal depth is 10 5/8" which is greater than 10.5", so please do the math accordingly.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.