Class-D with full range speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’m curious if anyone has some experience with a class-d amp and full range speakers. Right now I have a gainclone driving some 8in audio nirvana speakers but I’d like to try out a class d amp.

Will the 20 watt amp from Adafruit (using max9744) or the Charlize from diyParadise (ta2020) be enough? Or should I plan on something bigger?

I just switched out one of my tube amps to an older Topping 2020A Tripath to drive my SEAS full ranger 8 inch speakers .
There is not a lot of low end there but so far has a very pleasing sound .
Really nice fatigue free midrange and high end .
Last month I purchased a Charlize 2 from a forum member and after getting it in a case I will change to that amp .
Today I am changing the filter circuits' resistor value on the SEAS from 7R back to the original 15R value specified by SEAS since changing to Class D.

I fed some el cheapo 3 and 4inch full rangers (Taobao sourced) from a TDA8932 amp for a while. I sold them off as I didn't like what they did to the HF, but the amp I still am using, albeit now with 2-ways. I still recommend TDA8932 (with extra caps on its analog rail) so long as your speakers are 8ohm or higher. TPA3251 and TPA3220 are also good amps when similarly modded.

I fed some el cheapo 3 and 4inch full rangers (Taobao sourced) from a TDA8932 amp for a while. I sold them off as I didn't like what they did to the HF, but the amp I still am using, albeit now with 2-ways. I still recommend TDA8932 (with extra caps on its analog rail) so long as your speakers are 8ohm or higher. TPA3251 and TPA3220 are also good amps when similarly modded.

What's a good source for a TDA8932 board? I see them on Amazon as low as $2.50 but most are around $7-8 (similar range on eBay)... are these all basically the same? If so I'm going to try a couple of these out as well.

What's a good source for a TDA8932 board? I see them on Amazon as low as $2.50 but most are around $7-8 (similar range on eBay)... are these all basically the same? If so I'm going to try a couple of these out as well.

morning...

i guess this one:
Digital power verstarker bord modul 35 watt mono verstarker modul High power TDA8932 niedrigen power verbrauch in Digital power verstarker bord modul 35 watt mono verstarker modul High-power TDA8932 niedrigen power verbrauch aus Integrierte Schaltungen auf AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.