JL 1200/1HD What Happened?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Beautiful low bass one day; wake up to nothing (subwoofer barely moves).

Amp produces barely any AC voltage when metering the speaker outputs. So I yarded the JL amp out and hooked up one I had laying around and get decent (40V+) voltage from speaker outputs. Tested the RCA's as well and get 5.5-6V give or take. If I play a 0db 50khz test track at 75% max volume, and have the gain really low; I get 2.7v and if I almost max the gain I get 5.5-6V which is almost the same as my RCA voltage.

I havent found any common issues with this amp online so maybe the brains here at diyaudio can have a guess at it.

I was at my moms and she mentioned she heard some weird sounds coming from outside by my car and I didnt think of it until a week later that maybe the thing self-grenaded itself that night? The reason I say that is I found a thread on this website about a guy having a 1000/1 doing that as well.

Thanks for the input gents

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.