NEW SATORI .. shortcoil dish drivers .. with inverted rubber nanny suspension

Near perfect response with passive filter , nice drivers - well done guys :

https://sbacoustics.com/product/5-satori-mr13tx-4-textreme/

https://sbacoustics.com/product/6½-satori-mr16tx-8-textreme/

Regarding the price - better buy something nearly perfect instead of wasting more money on mediocre drivers year after year and even more money on several cabs!

Crazy hobby - some like to torture themselves , pain must be fun to them :)

Who taught you such a luxury lifestyle?

But maybe all this expensive machinery in your garage or hobby room needs a justification?

regards , sawdust is our cocaine :)

Last edited:
Looks nice with the inverted surround. Now SB needs to make midbass/woofers with inverted surrounds to match.

I don't love that 5k spike on the response tho, especially for a midrange.

I wish SB published the raw data FRD/ZMA files like Wavecor and Dayton. I do quite like to play around with theoretical crossover designs to figure out how that upper mid crossover would look....

Reactions: 1 user
As long as the peak has good symmetry a good compensation could be easily achieved! Of course a good microphone will help .... to eliminate tolerances too!
Regarding tolerances - any published curve is just a snapshot in time , do not expect them to be cast in stone!

I think Dance Slickason :) will measure them soon in Voice Coil magazine! (www.audioxpress.com)

Who will be the first with close-up hot pix of these audio babes :)

waitin' ...

ps .. we could be thankfull for having such a wide variety of new quality transducers over the year after year! (can't wait for the next one)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The short voice coil boosts the efficiency at the expense of Xmax and low frequency max SPL associated with Xmax. So that can be OK for a midrange, but it will limit the SPL at 160 Hz or so with 2.85 mm Xmax. Quoting peak to peak Xmax is the first marketing trick of hiding a small number. It would sure be good if they would publish distortion specs. It's a bit disappointing when companies won't report the one thing that separates the good drivers from the bad. I guess Marveloudio is a speaker dealer or had too much coffee this morning or something. It's a new driver, but the specs are not sufficient to say how good.

Reactions: 1 users
If I could change one thing about Madisound, Parts Express and other venders it would be to add Xmax to the parameters used to sort drivers in a page view. Parts Express doesn't bother to put units on the numbers they list so it can be p2p or 02p for any given driver.