Obituary of the Sycamore Gap Tree

I think it's something to be with feeling totally powerless and inconsequential; they do something to make people take notice of them, I feel quite powerless and inconsequential, but I direct my efforts in a constructive direction, partly because it occupies my mind, and helps me understand stuff, for some reason, some people chose the opposite.
I can remember a teacher at school telling us of his hero, some guy who wanted to turn delinquent boys lives around. When he found out that one of the boys in his care had broken a window, he went around the school with the boy, braking the windows himself, eventually the boy saw how pointless it was, and never wanted to do it again. When the teacher told us of this, I thought it was stupid, but now I realize that, although a waste of windows, it turned that boy's life around.
It doesn't excuse such behaviour, but it helps understand it.
Like your example, it used to be a toddler to teen thing. At some point, most people used to grow up and learn to communicate non-destructively. Now, so many don't mature past that point. Similar to how way too many adults on the freeway throw tantrums if they are toddlers, if they perceive anyone disrespecting them in the slightest.

Didnt listen to enough Renaissance on the music system at home, when growing up. (It's only half a century+ old...and I for one still like the way she sings it; so warm)

Come along with me
Down into the world of seeing
Come and you'll be free
Take the time to find the feeling
See everything on it's own
And you'll find you know the way
And you'll know the things you're shown
Owe everything to the day

Chorus:
See the carpet of the sun
The green grass soft and sweet
Sands upon the shores of time