• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

symphonic-mpd

Hi soundcheck,

I think raspberry pi is an excellent transport that is inexpensive to get, but very easy to use.

I'm using a HAT that supports DAC Master to take out I2S and input it asynchronously to the ES9018S DAC.
I don't use the PLL on the Raspberry Pi.

I play from the XLR output of the DAC with a Sharp SM-SX100 and a DALI HELICON 400.
I use floating audio boards (WELLFLOAT) for all DACs, amplifiers and speakers.
For cables, I use Mogami and AET.
I prefer to use products with good cost performance.

I have a lot of old equipment, but I love it and will continue to use it.
As for the DAC, I'd like to get a new one, and I'd like to use the ES9038 Pro SYNC Mode.
I plan to write a driver for it if needed.

Last edited:
Until I see proper phase noise measurements (timepod?) of the PLLed/integer-divided RPi I2S bitclock without the MASH, I cannot comment on its level of compromise compared to other solutions requiring much more hardware than a single DAC.

Things can always be made more complicated, to obtain better parameters. It's all a question of compromise. Many people use RPi with the default MASHed clock (having no idea about it, including some of the audio hat producers, IMO). For these a zero-cost software change (e.g. as part of a future upgrade of their firmware) could probably significantly improve the sound quality.

I own the Timepod to do the measurement but I don't own the setup to be measured.

Although I also own the RP4 I have no time to manage installation and troubleshooting.
The only help I can offer is to measure a ready setup, such as someone send me a plug and play SD Card I can install on my RP4 (I don't know if this is a way).

Anyway you are right, it's always a question of compromise, the target of our designs (me and my co-developer) is the State of the Art, virtually without any budget limit, while here we are talking about a cheap device that costs much less than one of my new oscillators.
Unfortunately any way to get the best is inevitably very expensive and complex.

Well, how to listen your great product if it is not available to ordinary people? What is this topic for?
For selected people who can make this product dominant over Volumio and MoOde.
The club administrator writes clearly in the club forum on November 12, 2019.
討つ相手はVolumio&MoOdeかな
1f600.png

It is well known that this club administrator leaked the email address of several people who had posted an uncomfortable message in a forum managed by him.
He also exposed the IP address and blocked those people from his forum.
At first, he did not admit the leakage. As it turned out to be true, he deleted all the posts.

If the author had not chosen that man as a club administrator, this thread could have stayed in the original branch with much higher attention.:sigh:
I do not think there will be a chance in other famous English DIY forums, either.

Now it has become clear also to the existing club members that this man does nothing but harm.:mad:
Although most likely inspired by this man, the true reason of hesitating source disclosure should have been given from the beginning, and the existing Github account not have been deleted.:(

Good luck for becoming dominant over Volumio and MoOde.:)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
:cop: Babalius. You have joined diyAudio simply to disrupt this thread and carry on a dispute from other parts of the Web. You are using a VPN to obscure you location. The moderation team take a dim view of actions like this. Behavior such as this usually results in the permanent revocation of membership.

This entire thread is hardly within the spirit of this forum.

Hi babalius,

Please stop posting accusations against me that are irrelevant to the flow of this thread.
As I've written before, what suits you is the Japanese anonymous forum.

#332 is an untrue smear. This kind of slander is commonplace on Japanese anonymous forums, but it's not a post that deserves to be here.
I have left all posts on my site regarding what you wrote. So they will reveal which side of the argument is correct. That's why my site looks so ugly to you.

#334 is so ridiculous that I'm not going to argue with it.
Let me tell you one good thing.I wrote "Contact me and I'll sign a person up for a membership". And thanks to this, I had two new subscribers; maybe moving to Vendor's Bazaar wasn't such a bad idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just one more thing I forgot to mention.

Papalius has started preparing a GitHub operation to release the source code, and a thread has been prepared for that in the R&D Club.
Githubリポジトリ管理 ボランティア募集 | symphonic-mpd
Two volunteers have already applied. And the thread above is now in Japanese, but it's open to the public of the whole world.
I'm sure babalius is reading it too. Hence, I think "You have joined diyAudio simply to disrupt this thread" is correct.

Last edited: