The food thread

First loaf of sumac bread is out of the oven. Smells delightful!

20240511_132809.jpg
20240511_142554.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Bread looks awesome as usual. 😎
Sumac is a highly under rated spice, it's a great salt substitute and adds a fresh tang to foods much like citrus.
I usually harvest at least a couple gallon ziplocks of it in the late summer when the berries ripen and usually make sun tea while they're coming in.....it tastes alot like lemonade!

Reactions: 1 user
I love sumac and use it actually quite a lot in what many consider unconventional ways. Its the primary flavor ingredient in my dry rub recipe, I use that on ribs, pork chops, tri-tip, chuck steak, pork loin, grilled corn on the cob, Cornish hens, dove, chicken thighs, lots of things.

Fun thing about sumac, its actually a really good pigment!
20240511_202108.jpg

My braided stuff I got in bulk. Some people wanted custom cables made, and since I always get double the materials for a project from their deposits, they were basically free for me.
To me, the braids are an extravagant version of a twisted pair, so they may be cancelling noise I didn't notice.
You did mention the spices are in tiny bottles as if you could barely see them in front of the cable. It seemed to me your meaning was I don't use enough spice, lol.
Going spiceless next- I saw a post someplace of a peanut butter and jam sandwich grilled like a cheese sandwich. Fortunately having gotten my blood sugar under control naturally the past year or two- I'm going to try it.