1st time full range build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!
I currently have a set of Focal 826V towers powered by a Mcintosh 7270. I have enjoyed the towers but I am looking for more. I would like more dynamic mids, great separation and I do listen at very high volume from time to time.
The more I read through the threads it seems I have come to the right place. I have access to two woodworking shops that are equipped with common tooling for furniture and a couple of talented friends.
My listening room is 15 front to back and 25 wide in only using about 18 wide for the soundstage. I'm running a MC7100 for the center power with a focal 826 center, a MC275 for the rears driving Definitive tech UIW RLS III
and a SVS sub.
I'm looking around for ideas to build a set of towers that will be an improvement over the Focal 826V and can stand loud volume but still remain clean and have great mid bass, clear highs, and good separation.
Any suggestions and pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Yes "very high volume" would favor the PRV and it has good comments from many in a FAST set up. On the other hand the xover point would be a bit higher up around 300Hz or higher. You might be surprised how loud a full range driver can go once you relieve it of the bottom two octaves. With your stated budget you can afford to experiment a little. What you will find is that a full ranger naturally delivers transient perfect response within its band pass. Something that is very difficult with multi way speakers. So many choices and so much fun to be had :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.