Crossover point

Ah! So the operating range of the tweeter is 2,500 Hz - 30,000 Hz.

It has a low resonance frequency of 470 Hz so I would use a 2nd order filter operating no lower than 2,000 Hz -2,500 Hz.

EDIT: 3,500 Hz still looks good to me.

Of course, there is a mathematical art to combining woofer with tweeter and that's where the experts might chime in with their simulation software!

Last edited:
then I read that zaphaudio cut the same tweeter like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429_153154_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240429_153154_Chrome.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 24
If you use it as a two way with limited power input, you should be just fine with the crossover. You could see how long this works well, if you had distortion measurements of the tweeter.
On the other hand, if you add a subwoofer and a low cut for the combination, you can have a lot more SPL and the tweeter will have problems. With 2.500 Hz x-over you should have a speaker that is fine in both cases. I don't see any advantage for 1.700 Hz. Both tunes will sound just fine.

I will not comment on the Zaph thing, I can not really understand these values. Sure changing crossover parts will result in some audible difference, but only measurements can show what has happened.

If you use it as a two way with limited power input, you should be just fine with the crossover. You could see how long this works well, if you had distortion measurements of the tweeter.
On the other hand, if you add a subwoofer and a low cut for the combination, you can have a lot more SPL and the tweeter will have problems. With 2.500 Hz x-over you should have a speaker that is fine in both cases. I don't see any advantage for 1.700 Hz. Both tunes will sound just fine.

I will not comment on the Zaph thing, I can not really understand these values. Sure changing crossover parts will result in some audible difference, but only measurements can show what has happened.
Thanks for your kind reply.
In my inexperience, the way I know to increase the crossover frequency by acting on the midwoofer is to lower the coil value
but then in doing so I remember that, when I tried, the area around 1khz was too prominent. is there another way to do it?
thank you

hi, based on these graphs what frequency of xo would you use for the crossover? Thank you
It is not possible to answer your question. It all depends on the response of the midrange or tweeter. Take a look at the on-axis and off-axis response curves of your drivers in your box/baffle. You'll want to aim for a smooth off-axis response (dispersion).