• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Harmon Kardon FA30X

Hello,
I just purchased a Harmon Kardon FX30X tube receiver and I'm trying to find some information on this thing. I found a schematic for the FX3000 receiver because I read that my model, (FX30X), is the kit version of the FX3000...I hope that's true! I'm wondering if the FX30X was a kit perhaps there is a build manual floating around out there. That would be invaluable in restoring this thing! The problem is that other than the schematic, there appears to be absolutely nothing on the web about my receiver. I hope I am wrong! If anyone has a link or info I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank you

Hello All, I just received some replacement electrolytic caps and I don't understand why someone appears to have replaced a 3900 ohm resistor with a 62000 ohm value on the C60 electrolytic cap?? (See the attached pictures). I'm trying to decide if I should follow the schematic or just keep what I have. Now I have the Harmon-Kardon FA-30X and this schematic is for the FA-3000X but I couldn't find a FA-30X schematic. My gut tells me to follow the schematic and use a variac but my gut is wrong about 80% of the time! Any advice would be appreciated!!!
Thanks for reading this.

Attachments

• C60 (copy).jpg
    C60 (copy).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 29
  • H-K_FA3000X_sch1_power_supply.jpg
    H-K_FA3000X_sch1_power_supply.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 30