Mezmerize B1 Buffer Preamp

Ana

Joined 2011
This thread is for discussions about the Mezmerize B1 Buffer Pre Amplifier. For more information on this product, please see the product page below.

Threads on diyAudio that relate to this product (If we have missed one, please post it in this thread and we will add it to the list):

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined 2003
PCM1704

Hi,

if I would use the Mezmerize B1 Buffer Preamp in my DAC instead of dual opamps, what changes do I have to do, no vol.pot etc.:confused: DAC-chip is 4x PCM1704, 4x op-amp INA103. Of course I need 2 boards for balanced signal.

/Anders

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
That one you would be better off asking in the digital forums that they are familiar. So they can probably reply if 4 JFET DC coupled buffer channels are what you can substitute in your application. That is what two Mez boards will provide along with input selection bays that can be left unused, signal can be fed with no vol pot also.

joe

Joined 2001
Why are 470R resitors 0.W carbon?

HI why are the 470R resitors listed as carbon film 0.5W in the BOM? For me they look like gate stoppers. Do I miss anything?

Thx
Joe

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Because carbon film can make better gate stoppers.:)

But you will have no problems with anything low inductance good make metal film. The design is not marginal for phase.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Where might I find a Mesmerize 'kit' that includes all or most of the parts needed?

Links, Please!

Paul B (No, I'm not the dead P.B) "Grins"

I don't think there is such a thing. Newark and Mouser, a beer, and an hour of browsing their parts stock should do the trick.