New DIY kit: SEAS Aphel 2 way old school floorstander

Finally the official crossover is inside the prototype speakers 😎

Two years with open/close/open/close/……..

IMG_0460.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
I'am living now with a 3way active. All drivers is clear sounding, detail. But really want to try CA22RNY in 2 way. I'm watching this driver some +5 years. This is unicue sounding driver. I'm sure.
seas_ca22rny_csd_color.jpg
seas_ca22rny_thd.jpg
seas_ca22rny_csd.jpg

It is very interesting how all these resonances sounds. My current speakers have less than half of that.

My future plans use it with MONACOR DT-352NF. It looks like this is also an interesting but not so popular driver. But of course I will do active filtering again.

Attachments

• seas_ca22rny_thd.jpg
    seas_ca22rny_thd.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 7
I have some CA22RNX lying around from an old project. I need to figure out if I can make them work for this project. I have a lingering love for old two ways.
How CA22RNX sounds, what do you think?
CA22RNX. A lot of energy everywhere.
seas_ca22rnx_waterfall.jpg

CA22RNY
seas_ca22rny_csd.jpg

I think any DIY guy needs driver like this just too try. I am thinking too buy W4-1337SDF for 3way midrange too. I would say must have both drivers to know how it sounds. Just to make conclusions. I think that I might be the one who would prefer the CA22RNY in 2way with DT-352NF for example.

W4-1337SDF
tb_w4-1337sdf_csd_2.jpg

Last edited:
I have some CA22RNX lying around from an old project. I need to figure out if I can make them work for this project. I have a lingering love for old two ways.
Yes you can use the CA22RNX. I worked in the past with this woofer. Not really the same crossover, it is a new project.
Keep the crossover frequency around 2kHz LR4. The crossover of the ZaphAudio ZR71 could be a starting point.
The sensitivity will be 2db lower but you will have a better bass extension.