Project for Bassface SPL 15.2 driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody,

I recently bought a BaassFace SPL 15.2 speaker and i am looking to build an optimal enclosure for it. The manufacturer recommends ~ 3.5 cu ft tuned at 35Hz, so i am looking to build a bass-reflex enclosure with a slot type BR, very close to manufacturer recommendations .

I tried to play a little bit with WinISD, but i am a little bit confusing(i am new in using this software)...

I found a tutorial of how to input parameters in WinISD here:

WinISD Pro Tutorial and Download (A detailed guide on how to use WinISD Pro) - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

First confusion:
When i follow the tutorial the VAS is automatically calculated as 19.82, while the VAS in the TS parameters is 199,12. Which one is correct and why?

Second confusion:
The box volume is an input parameter including / excluding port&speaker volume?

I would be very grateful if somebody could build the speaker data and a rough box specs (and send me the WinISD project file), so then I can play around (knowing that i have the right speaker parameters in the project)

TS parameters for the driver:

Revc (Ohm) 2
Levc (uH) 598.185
Fo (Hz) 46.416
Sd (Cm sq) 829.58
Md (g) 300
BL (T m) 26.078
Qms 3.561
Qes 0.495
Qts 0.435
No (%) 0.389
SPL (Db) 87.9
Vas (Ltr) 199.12
Cms (uM/N) 20.376
Mms (g) 577.022
MMd (g) 563.283
Xmax Both Way Total (mm) 36.33
EBP 93.769696

some simulation from BassFace website:

http://incarnav.co.uk/Bassface/SPL15.2_TS.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.