Recommend 6-7v PS for AK4390

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to try increasing the 5.0 voltage (100 mA) supply to my DIYINHK AK4390. Reportedly increasing this up to 6.8 volts yields an improvement. I would like to try it.

Could anyone recommend a kit or readymade that I can buy. In the US preferably but from China would be OK.

I have an AK4399 on the way from DIYINHK and will try it on that if works on the 4390.

Thank you.

NOTE: I have a DIYINHK 7 volt PS but I would like to try less than that.

Last edited:
I would like to try increasing the 5.0 voltage (100 mA) supply to my DIYINHK AK4390. Reportedly increasing this up to 6.8 volts yields an improvement. I would like to try it.

Could anyone recommend a kit or readymade that I can buy. In the US preferably but from China would be OK.

I have an AK4399 on the way from DIYINHK and will try it on that if works on the 4390.

Thank you.

NOTE: I have a DIYINHK 7 volt PS but I would like to try less than that.

I VERY MUCH DOUBT it can "improve" anything and rising voltage 40% above Factory rating :eek: will at least abuse it and most probably damage it.

Lots of questionable to dangerous to crazy "advice" floating around in the Net. :rolleyes:

I VERY MUCH DOUBT it can "improve" anything and rising voltage 40% above Factory rating :eek: will at least abuse it and most probably damage it.

Lots of questionable to dangerous to crazy "advice" floating around in the Net. :rolleyes:

Actually the I just found factory documentation that indicates that a voltage of 7Volts is OK:

" Power Supply: DVDD=AVDD=3.0  3.6V, VDD1/2=4.75  7.2V"

Under "Absolute Maximum Ratings" Max VDDL/R is indicated as 7.5V

https://www.akm.com/akm/en/file/datasheet/AK4490EQ.pdf

I will do a lot more reading before I try it but others on this forum have done it with good results and the manufacturers document appears to indicate its O.K.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.