Speaker sound goes on and off...

Hello. I am experiencing a problem all would like to know your opinions about it. My system is using the stock radio but with an Audison DSP amplifier (AF M5.11 bit). The sound is wonderful. I've had the system for about 4 months but yesterday I started noticing that the sound coming from the front right speakers (drivers side) that are components (tweeter high, woofer on the door) goes on and off not in a straight direct way but in a subtle one. It comes with an interference sound (crackling?) and then when I set the balance to the right I hear the sound going down and then NO sound comes from the speaker only to go on full sound again). So, it's a subtle problem, it's not that the speakers would not sound, is that from time to time the sound goes off. It's very disturbing and now I'm talking to the dealer that installed it to check it. BUT I would like to know, despite what the dealer is going to tell me, what do you think the problem would be? A loose connection between the speakers and the amp or a problem with the amp? Obviously I would like the problem to be a loose connection and not one in which the dealer would need to replace the amp! Thank you very much!!

I'm speculating from a long distance, but a mild/intermittent short is another possibility. Even one stray strand of wire out of a connector somewhere could be shorting to ground.

Is there an interface module between your stock head unit and the amplifier? If so, it's another thing that can be bad.

Poor intermittent connection for sure.
The problem is finding where is it happening.
Connectors of any kind, screw connector terminals, etc. are typical suspects but can often be corrected by tightening screws.
Bad solder joints are somewhat more complicated.
Now frayed tinsel wires or cracked voice coil wire at speaker itself demand full replacement, nothing you or a tech can do to repair it.