Stax "Earspeakers" - how to remove head band

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All

The head band on my ancient Stax Gamma Pros "ear speakers" (as Stax calls their headphones) is completely worn out and ugly and stiff. It obviously needs replacement and I bought some nice, soft leather for the job.
But now, I simply cannot remove the old head band. It is held by small plastic sliders and I can't pry them apart, because they look as whether they would break as soon as some force is applied. Anybody knows, how to remove the old head band (and attach the new one)?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Ben

Hi rayma

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I simply couldn't disassemble the sliders, which hold the head band. But indeed did I remove the transducers and then simply filed down the slider tracks (grooves) to the end of the plastic arc, which allowed for sliding the sliders off the arc and then change the head band. It was nevertheless tedious work, as my real leather replacement head band was a bit thicker, than the original pleather. But I succeeded!

And the sliders don't move freely, so there is no chance they will fall off the arc now.

Cheers, Ben

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.