sweat proof cover over the earpads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I can't find a clear answer anywhere so help a brother out

I am planning to buy Edifier W830BT which is an over-ear headphone, I will use it mainly in the gym

The problem is, I don't know if it is possible to add a layer of whatever material around the earpads that will block the sweat but allow the sound to go through without affecting the quality of the sound.

The closest thing to what I am looking for is " Sanitary Headphones Cover " on aliexpress and amazon. But I don't know if that material is sweat proof or has an impact on the sound quality.

Would appreciate any help

Big question is: will you be only user or it´s Gym supplied to users so it´s shared among many?

I looked at some "sanitary covers" offered and all I found are made out of thin, open mesh cloth; in that case it´s more of "peace of mind" than actual protection.

Porous thin cloth is no barrier at all when fluids (such as sweat) start flowing, and we can count on *lots* of it in a Gym environment.

You will really need some kind of "condom" over it, which will pass most sound unimpeded but might add own resonances.

I guess realistic options are: either each user brings his own phones, you provide the music or training instructions, or everybody will have to agree on some kind of program through regular speakers.

Big question is: will you be only user or it´s Gym supplied to users so it´s shared among many?

I looked at some "sanitary covers" offered and all I found are made out of thin, open mesh cloth; in that case it´s more of "peace of mind" than actual protection.

Porous thin cloth is no barrier at all when fluids (such as sweat) start flowing, and we can count on *lots* of it in a Gym environment.

You will really need some kind of "condom" over it, which will pass most sound unimpeded but might add own resonances.

I guess realistic options are: either each user brings his own phones, you provide the music or training instructions, or everybody will have to agree on some kind of program through regular speakers.

no no it will not be shared, its just for me

since this headphone is not water/sweat proof, i want to cover it by something so my sweat will not ruin the earpads and the inner components

OK, I thought it was for hygienic precautions in a shared device.

Seriously, not a joke but a practical suggestion, get a pack of non lubricated condoms, (you don´t want silicone oil messing your earphones) , apply them to each earphone, maybe cut the excess or just don´t unroll them fully, push the tip inwards .

Try it once, if it works, it works; if not, you´ll have to try some other solution.

OR search around, maybe there are , not fully waterproof earphones, but perhaps *weather* proof ones, for use by outdoorsmen, maybe by sailing type guys.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.