What’s On the Bench Tonight (OBT)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I finally got this to a point where I can listen to it. 96 1/2" tweeters! It sounds surprisingly good. With another for stereo and lots of EQ it should work well for its intended use.

1716063448776.png

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2004
Paid Member
No. The original plan was 10X SSM3582 amps for midrange and 12X SSM3582 amps for the tweeters, with 22 DSP channels to implement shading and curvature (delay). I've got those 22 channel amps done, but I wasn't convinced that these drivers were high enough quality to justify all the connectors and wiring and amp expense. So, these are just bi-amped. They will go in my wife's greenhouse, and they should work well for that application. There is a short write-up in the current blog at www.audiodevelopers.com.

Since I wasn't sure these drivers would be good enough, I bought Peerless TC6 2" mids and I've been buying 1" AMT diaphragms for the tweeters. Those are the drivers for the next line array, which will be an 8X midrange and 12X tweeter configuration with shading and curvature. The subwoofer will be a ripole, and the mids and tweeters will be dipole. I've got another line array planned, also.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I installed the QFN48 USB bridge chip. What a pain. I think I applied a little too much solder paste, and as a result spent some time with a copper braid doing cleanup around the hidden pin pads.

1716080432479.jpeg

The 5 pin LDO’s went on easily as did the 100uF 10V tantalum caps. Need to order the correct 3x4mm USON8 chip for flash memory.
1716080620118.jpeg