Aleph J illustrated build guide

What are the key parts for Aleph J that are worth upgrading beyond the standard BOM?

Concentrate on R1, R2, R3, R4 and R24 and associated caps in the direct signal path?

I’m thinking of using s/z-foils - to try and inject some additional openness and move even more towards the speed/fire of tube amps if that is a plausible aim.

Dale resistors are cheap and sound good, but my tinkering heart says you could always try fancy components... whether it sounds superior will require some A-B comparisons. Not so easy with soldered components like resistors. You should also consider replacing R9, R10, R11, and R12.
I always advocate upgrading signal Caps. Film caps, where feasible, with copper film bypasses are my go to.

Reactions: 1 user
ZM, after researching a bit, I understand the difficulty of explaining issues with my previous idea... Too many things wrong with the whole idea. So following previous solutions and Papa Pass's Sage advice... I inverted the whole thing with the intent of using IRFP9240 outputs. One thing I was confused on is whether inverting C2 and C3 polarity is correct (Not an issue with film caps, but I want it to look correct).
1000003572.png

I inverted the whole thing with the intent of using IRFP9240 outputs. One thing I was confused on is whether inverting C2 and C3 polarity is correct (Not an issue with film caps, but I want it to look correct).
I noticed the symbol for the IRFP9240 was messed up, so I fixed that, and I removed the polarity for the negative feedback path after reading that some people use bipolar caps there with no issues.

Attachments

• noname (1).png
    noname (1).png
    30.6 KB · Views: 9