Anyone using Bluesound node streamer?

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Recently got one from AudioAdvisor, a place I have bought stuff from for decades. I saw all sorts of reviews, either rating it as trash, or the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Knowing Audio Advisor would do me fine I bought it. Apparently it has a devil of a time hooking up to wifi, it sole mission besides streaming. Whatever I decided to scale the learning curve. AA gave me a phone number to a tech crew from Bluesound. Called, prompted to hold for help all helpers busy, then finally message to leave message and get call back. Which they did, but next day while at work. Oh well, AA has been great, offering refund up to 60 days, refund now, they advise to scale learning curve to get it to work. Allegedly if tech crew cant resolve, they have some main dude number for last resorts.

Now the question. I suspect my unit is dead! It will not hook up to wifi. The rest of procedure works fine, app finds unit, just some error preventing hooking up message.
After a while, light turns red, which I understand is bad. I am close to router, I even tried hard wiring it with no luck.

Anybody else out there had this deal to go through with this unit, and save me headache? Either this unit is defective, or some simple problem?

Oh well.

Russellc

Last edited: