Asathor - a JBL 4367 Clone

Off axis respons is not only important when you are outside the sweet spot. At the listening position, significantly more sound energy comes to the ear via reflections than directly from the loudspeaker. That is why this is also very important on axis.
In my experience you get a very good illusion of the sound when there is a good response off axis.

Those are great looking horns Rese! Your off axis measurements and especially the comments on them are particularly helpful re my induction into this topic.

How can I contact a moderator here <<<SNIP>>>
I would like to change it to "Asathor - a JBL 4367 Clone" .

Click the little alert sign in the bottom left of any post in this thread ( I've circled it in green ) and then add your request into the newly opened dialogue.

attachment.php

:)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-06 111344.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-06 111344.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 4,337
Rese. --Just saw this thread.

Would it be possible that you post the drawing's / stuffing of them speaker's along with the parts used for the horn, etc...

They look really stunning, and i see they are placed like i do in our livingroom.
They proberly also are very high effency too i guess :)

Jesper.

Thank you!
Please do not forget the resistance due to the x-over, cables etc. when calculating. With passive x-over, I calculate with a resistance of 0.8 ohms. So the Qtc is ~ 0.95 in 90 liters.
I have attached the measured TSP of the LaVoce. They are quite close to those on the data sheet.

Attachments

• Asathor TT.JPG
    Asathor TT.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 1,058
Thanks Jesper!

I glued in small blocks in the area of the screws behind the woofer. Otherwise the wall thickness is too small for wood screws. With machine screws (unfortunately I don't know the English name) that's no problem.

The braces are only suggestions and can also be simple crosses made from scraps of wood.

Oh, and I think the Celetion Horn is only 320mm wide - I may have made it a little to big on the Plan.

Me. :)

Highly recommended.

Build for a friend. Shown in his partyroom.

Mount the chassis bevor the second paint. Can not wait to hear it.

At first in mono, only one crossover was ready. Start with piano.
Sounds very natural, like a real piano. You can hear at low level with
detailes music or push it loud, you would not get stressed.
The speaker are never agressiv.

Testet with Yamaha Receiver and Crown XLS 1502 listend to Jazz, Classic,
Rock and Pop. Now will build a second pair for my livingroom.