It's the final showdown

Zaph ZRT 2.5 vs Anthology II vs NIMROD Visaton

ZRT comes in sealed 38 and ported 65 liter. Was wondering how it would compare to troels Ekta mk II. Anthology II looks dope. Don't know what to expect out of NIMROD since not much is written about it online. Which one would you diy and why? Pls help a brother out. I'm about to drop a significant part of my paycheck and I hope it pays out. I'm also willing to upgrade my setup and make and additional subwoofer down the line. Thank your very much!

http://www.zaphaudio.com/ZRT.html

https://www.speakerdesignworks.com/anthology-ii

https://www.visaton.de/en/products/3-way-speakers/nimrod

ANTHOLOGY II if you can fit it in your decor. Dual 8" woofers, ceramic mids/tweeter that sound great. The design is a 3way built for dynamics and clarity.

The ZRT appears to vary depending on batches of drivers, and the drivers are top notch. However, it is only a single 7" woofer unless you get the 2.5way, which is still less Sd than a pair of 8" woofers.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
You said nothing about your room size, speaker placement, amplification and musical taste. Also which are your current speakers and what you want to improve in the sound.

I never heard any of these speakers, but assuming roughly equal prices, Anthology II looks like best bang for buck. But, judging from published freq. response, you might have too much bass if they are placed close to rear wall in a moderate sized room. Also, area between 500-2000 Hz is a bit down, so mids may sound a bit recessed. Efficiency could be better with all those drivers inside.

Nimrod is very interesting design. Waveguided tweeter plus 10cm midrange is not very common, but it looks like excellent work is done to fine integration of drivers. Bass goes deep, but efficiency is low so not best for loud listening or big rooms. Probably best for midrange fans and lovers of relaxed, non-fatiguing sound.
Nice rewiev here:
https://impactaudio.co.uk/blogs/news/introducing-nimrod

ZRT 2,5 I'am not a big fan of 2,5 way systems and if you go with this, 2 way vented option woud be my choice unless you are a bass-fan or you have a big room. You'll save some good money without loosing the best properties of design. Well balanced freq. response, simple and straightforward.

The best allrounder and a smart compromise concept is like this one.
Focal units: 21V2, 100 VRS and TN47.
No extra woofer is needed, normally.
Made one set 4 years ago, for a friend.
Sealed cabinet.

Focal 3 way V2.png

@Davor D Sorry for not being more specific I guess an image in the attachments would describe it best. I'd put them on the side of the TV. I'd move the plants and center the television so there is equal space around it. I don't know how the openings on the side of the wall would effect sound. I'll probably move one or two more times in the next few years so I'm not too set on the room specifications. I also tend not to listen to music too loud since I'm in an apartment building. My music taste is all over the place and changes on the monthly basis so I wouldn't go by that as well. I think I like realistic reproduction and neutral since that's what I always went with with my headphones. If you have any more recommendations please go ahead :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-11 at 15.00.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-11 at 15.00.12.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: 1 user
I appreciate the vote of confidence, @Guerilla .

I have been pondering a higher performance version of that speaker.

Dayton RSS265HF-4 10" woofer
Satori MW13TX-4 5" mid driver
Satori TW29DN-B 29mm soft dome

Increase the box volume to 34 liters by increasing the depth from 222 to 278 mm. The width, height, and baffle stay the same.

All active, with a Hypex FA-123 amp... or a MiniDSP with 3 channels of whatever high quality class D amp the end user wants.

j.

Just knowing the pedigree of the drivers (I have various speakers using versions of the Dayton and SB Acoustic drivers) I vote for the Anthology 2 with a caveat. If you don’t like a bright or detailed top end, also buy a 1.2 and 1.5 ohm resistor. The tweeter network calls for a 1.0 but you can try those others to tame the tweeter a little if that’s what you like.

I've been a ribbon fan for decades but I have to say the SB ceramic tweeter is not bright or in the slightest bit harsh. I can't say that about many domes. IIt crossed extremely well at around 2K. It also has the superb clarity of the SBCAC mids so they match extremely well.

All my opinion, of course.

HTH
Jim