JBL 2432H

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you Badman, yes Im awear which Jbl speakers they are used on just can’t locate any specs. Anyway I got them reasonably cheap I think. Lol . Just tested them using 1000hz 1st order XO on Rcf H94 CD waveguide. Sounds not too bad not shouty or sizzling suprised & pretty smooth too. This is a learning speaker project so going to be looooong.

Thks again

Specs<measurements. If you want to do a from-scratch horn system build, you're going to need measurements. The more experienced amongst us can get a system pretty smooth by ear and theory, but measurements find things that even the most skilled designers miss, and really help solidify the theory- "It seems to want to roll off below 800... what's the Fs? Ah.... "

Thank for the reply Badman. It’s a new learning curve for me as it’s my first diy speaker. All I know is the fs is 500hz , can’t seem to find any data surfing. On the 4722 HF it crosses over at 630 hz. Will have to build up the speaker listen & learn to measure as well as tweaking the XO. No issues if it gonna take a long time. I like to start off with a 2nd order network & work from here on.
See that many are using active XO but I prefer passive .

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.