Movies or TV Shows Where Audiophile Equipment Are Seen

Madame (2017, directed by Amanda Sthers). At 1:08:10 a tube amplifier with blueish glow is seen behind the high-class character played by Harvey Keitel. Perhaps some speaker appears in a later scene.

Madame_-_film_poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
“Y’all gotta go to the big room for that”
Anyone who spent even a minor amount of time in the retail audio trade in the late ‘70s to mid ‘80s can definitely relate to that.
I loved how Judge nailed the ease with which Ken could read his customers and deliver exactly the service they deserved. I wonder how many of the audience realizes his character’s name was the same as a very well respected audio journalist whose career was well established when this satire came out.

For a short period of time there were at least 6 shops within a three block radius of Yates/Douglas/Fort St in my home town, several with their own house brands of speaker that would make the X-1 look like a Bose Wave Radio. Only one of those is still in operation at a different location, but still within the downtown core, then there’s that specialty shop at “the junction”.

The Price is Right :)
Amongst all the lower end cabinet systems, I've seen 2 old episodes with high end brand equipment and a couple new episodes. I can't remember the brand on the old episodes, it was Luxman or something similar. On a new episode my wife was a bit shocked when they showed the wide shot of the stage with a bunch of prizes and I said "Oh, Cambridge Audio".

The Answer Man: the writer Arlen Faber (Jeff Daniels) puts on a 45 rpm single on his turntable, its thick persplex platter glows in green, the Ortofon cart is lowered, then suddenly he gots a pain in the back, he is not able to get up from the floor, and the record is played over and over.
Anybody recognized the gear?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
For a short period of time there were at least 6 shops within a three block radius of Yates/Douglas/Fort St in my home town, several with their own house brands of speaker that would make the X-1 look like a Bose Wave Radio. Only one of those is still in operation at a different location, but still within the downtown core, then there’s that specialty shop at “the junction”.

Our shop was many km from that concentration. We weren’t really like the sterotype in that YouTube clip.

dave