Need help to identify connectors for Philips 544 MFB speakers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello diyaudio-community!

This is my first post and I recognize I´m quite the beginner in this field. Some time ago i 'inherited' a Philips 777 Receiver with (matching?) speakers Philips 544 that I would like to setup.

The problem: All the cables got lost in a separation with my ex girlfriend and now i don´t know how to find replacements to this ~45 year old equipment.

I found a manual online but no mention about what the connectors are called.
images here:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Anyone out there for mainly connector 4 and 5 on the images?

many thanks!

//Max

If you google Philips 544, you will find out these are powered speakers. They have DIN signal IN, and OUT. You need to provide a sound source and connect it to signal IN. A smart phone could be connected to it with this cable. How does the other box look like from the connection point of view?

Attachments

• min stereo to DIN.jpg
    min stereo to DIN.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
If you google Philips 544, you will find out these are powered speakers. They have DIN signal IN, and OUT. You need to provide a sound source and connect it to signal IN. A smart phone could be connected to it with this cable. How does the other box look like from the connection point of view?
Thanks for the quick reply! I figured out the DIN connections mainly because DIN is still around. Main problem is the power-plug labeled 5 in the second picture.

And the speaker-connector labeled 4 in the first picture

My goal is to connect the speakers to my Philips 777 Receiver here is the manual http://188.166.157.228/filer/philips_22ah777-00-00r--15-15r-22-22r-29_stereo_receiver_sm.pdf

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The power is a standard IEC power connector, made in the millions and on just about all pro equipment and some home gear. Computers use it too. Looks like an non-grounded version which is not a problem.

I can't remember the name of this speaker connectors, but they used to be super common. Maybe try ebay. There were never very good, by the way.
EDIT: It's called a 2 pin DIN speaker plug. Amazon has them here in the USA, so should be no problem in Europe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.