Precision Power PDX-10K

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Amp has no output .

Amp has both positive and negative rail voltage and has both positive and negative regulated voltages .

Relays click on but no output.

Amp also has rail to rail oscillation on the outputs

Any ideas ?

Attachments

• 601052A8-AEB1-41DA-860C-E27189E62DE7.jpg
    601052A8-AEB1-41DA-860C-E27189E62DE7.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 129
This amp just blew the outputs while playing on the bench.

The outputs are IRFP4242 but no one has stock .

Is there a good sub for these outputs ?

The outputs I posted are expensive is there a better choice for replacements

Attachments

• 5FABA06B-E759-40DB-9DB9-32C23EFCC16A.png
    5FABA06B-E759-40DB-9DB9-32C23EFCC16A.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
The newer version may be a better option as even though it will cost more it is available through an authorized seller of genuine items. It will be less costly to buy once. Everything has an entry fee. If you aren't paying what it actually costs, you aren't getting what you actually want.

I have purchased on Ebay before. I've got good parts and non-good parts, you never know until you have the parts in hand. I've also purchased from Digikey - I've always received exactly what I ordered, genuine. For obsolete/vintage Ebay is good if the seller has GOOD photos of the actual item and you can make your decision that way.

I think the preamp board has issues .

The 47 ohm 2 watt resistors that connect to the rca shield ground are way out of tolerance they read in the mega ohms .

Do you happen to know what might cause these to go bad ?

If I unplug the rca’s the voltage remains at 0 on the outputs

Last edited:
Ok I replaced the 1k resistor and the 2 47 ohm resistors .

Amp powers up and the resistors don’t burn anymore .

Now the problem I’m having is I get no output I just get a what do I da like a wind storm out of the test speaker and the test speaker flutters off and on .

Any ideas on where to go from here what to check

The original outputs in this amp are IRFP4242

I ordered them off from eBay I know a big mistake .

That was the only place I could find them and I believe I got fake parts since the problem is the outputs heatup within seconds .

I’ve checked everything else and all tests fine but the outputs get to hot to touch within 3 secs .

Do You know what this pot is for ?

Also if it has nothing to to with the outputs getting hot do you happen to know of a sub for the outputs I can try ?

Attachments

• 3CDEF43C-A315-4823-9488-F664741EAEE9.jpg
    3CDEF43C-A315-4823-9488-F664741EAEE9.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.