Salas DCG3 preamp (line & headphone)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Those voltage drops indicate 125mA & 129mA output stage bias if with 10R R10s or 104 & 107.5mA if with 12R R10s. Very close bias matching considering Mosfets and resistors tolerances. Offset behavior looks good.
Not with output shorted, with input shorted I believe you meant for offset adj. Check offset again when the volume pot will be installed. At 12 o' clock position on open input for a final pass/adj with the op-amp in place.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I may try another power amp in the near future. I am thinking of giving a try to purifi. Any suggestions are welcome.
Such champion measuring amps achieve fantastic SNR figures by exploiting low own voltage gain as well. This can be a subdued dynamics trap when on medium sensitivity speakers if not with high output XLR connected (doubling the signal voltage) digital sources. I suggest around 20dB power amp voltage gain for single ended signal if digital source only or around 25dB for phonographic source in your case with the Totem Hawk loudspeakers. That's on top of your DCG3 9.54dB line gain (x3). A well proportioned system voltage gain structure is key. Not too sleepy not too noisy.

So this is how I wired it,
Yet to power up with a potentiometer installed.
How do I know it is working- what to check, except bias?

Attachments

• PRE POT.jpg
    PRE POT.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 7