Unkown subcircuit problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!

Today i started my journey with LTSPICE and i need some help.
I want to use a specific MOSFET in my circuit, so i downloaded some. asy file from here:Simulation Models: NVMFS5C442N

So this file includes my MOSFET what i want (NVMFS5C442N_3P), i placed it into my "LTspiceXVII\lib\sym\N power mosfet" folder.

I can use it in LTSPICE but when i want to start to simulate it says "Unknown subcircuit"

What should i do with this? didn't receive any lib files.

Can you guys help me with a step by step solution please?

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• T6_40V_STD_GATE LTSPICE.ZIP
    343.7 KB · Views: 38
Personally I think it is a good idea to keep any "extra" symbol and model files in the same folder as the schematic. It's simple, hassle-free, easier to understand and improves portability. So the way I would do this is as follows:

Place the NVMFS5C442N_3P.asy and T6_40V_std_rev4_ltspice.txt files in a folder.

Create a blank .asc file and save it in the same folder - let's save it as NVMFS5C442N_3P.asc.

Now reopen the NVMFS5C442N_3P.asc file. To place the symbol for the MOSFET on the schematic, click on the component icon. This opens the Select Component Symbol dialogue box. Change the directory at the top to the directory or folder where all the files are. The symbol for NVMFS5C442N_3P will be selectable and it can be double-clicked in the usual way to place it on the circuit.

Now we need to tell LTspice where to find the model. This is in the file T6_40V_std_rev4_ltspice.txt, so add the directive .inc T6_40V_std_rev4_ltspice.txt on the schematic.

That's all. I've attached a zipped folder that demonstrates all this.

I hope this helps.
Stephen

Attachments

• NVMFS5C442N_3P.zip
    354.5 KB · Views: 38
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.