Welcome to the new diyAudio platform - feedback wanted!

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
:cop:

It takes as long as it takes which is until you have made enough quality posts to suggest that you can be trusted :)

If you want someone to reply to you then post in the appropriate thread and add a tag to their user name such as @eindelooos Any user can start a pm with you but you can not initiate contact as a newbie poster.

Reactions: 1 user
Text editor is rubbish to use, constantly breaking pages; high time to have a tab with the squared and cubed notations in the proper way........"if there is a software and/or program complier problem then it´s usually me as an analogue dog who finds the crumbs".
I regularly find this out with some quite expensive programs, one example is so lovingly used for online legal services and the like (from the US)...is one of many crummy programming out there; also here in Europe. Not only is site page navigation shoddily thought-out, not user friendly and worse.....not at all bug free. Take it from me in my old git age.
Bench Baron

An idea: would it be useful to reset one's small avatar if that person's contribution is old enough? Currently my avatar appears in the corner of the thread opener bigger avatar. It remains there forever, reminding me that I contributed to the thread sometime in the past. But I am more interested in threads where I am "active", that is my contribution is not older than, say six months. Or there are less than 50 now contributions of others after mine. If my contribution is older, I am probably not interested in that thread any longer, so no need to mark it for me.

I often use the threads page because I prefer not to receive notifications by e-mail and if the thread is very popular - that's, with many daily posts - (like the one with the photographs that make you laugh) I unsubscribe.

sshot.png

However that little avatar in the lower right corner seems to remain just there the same.

Edit to add: please note that when/if you unsubscribe from a thread you run the risk of missing out on some replies (assuming you care) since not even the alerts regarding that thread will appear under the Alerts (bell) at the top right of the forum page.

Edit2 to add that although I haven't yet fully understood the mechanism, for some threads you have to unsubscribe every time you post there (precisely the one about photographs that make you laugh, just as an example).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user