Beetlejuice speakers

The point here is in order to smooth the overall low end response, you need additional sources of low end placed around the room………changing the existing drivers in the same location won’t do much if anything………….your treating the room in my use case.

The pair of Dayton 225p‘s will get the job done as long as you respect the drivers limitations.…….you’ll have to build them as ported systems……they won’t do it sealed with their limited excursion and suspension. About 35 liters tuned to 40hz should do it. I would down fire them and take advantage of the floor boundary gain for lower in room response.

I’m currently using the 11” metal Blanda bowl as a mold for casting clear epoxy over carbon fiber spheres to house the KEF Uni Q drivers from the 150 speakers. These will sit above two 10” woofers per side.

Reactions: 1 user
The point here is in order to smooth the overall low end response, you need additional sources of low end placed around the room………changing the existing drivers in the same location won’t do much if anything………….your treating the room in my use case
Hi, I got it now, sorry at first I misunderstood the point. Yes, I will try this, already have boxes for 8" drivers so when they are finished Ill try at low level at least

I’m currently using the 11” metal Blanda bowl as a mold for casting clear epoxy over carbon fiber spheres to house the KEF Uni Q drivers from the 150 speakers. These will sit above two 10” woofers per side.
This sounds excellent! Looking forward to see it when its done!
Left over metal blanda bowl is excellent to bi filled with ice and few bottles of prosecco in that ice, just to smooth the testing of new speakers :)

@kevinkr , you obviously dug out Behringer DCX inside out, I need your help!

There is phase issue, and I checked cables, drivers, amps... all is ok.
Just now I took DCX on the bench, connected low pass and high pass outputs to USB interface and scoped both outputs in parallel on REW.
Horror, they are completely out of phase directly from DCX. Here is picture exactly on XO frequency (1st order filter) but it is not in phase nowhere in the 20-20khz spectrum. This is somewhat crazy, I took DCX for granted that it will perform, 1st order filter should be in phase, I was sure in that part.....
Here are 2 signals, low pass and high pass at 1st order XO directly from Behringer, please let me know what is this?
DCX phase 2024-05-07 .jpg

You have an interesting project, something like Linkwitz Pluto. (y)
I'm not really familiar with that DCX. I don't know what its capabilities are and how it affects the sound. It's kind of easier for me to do a passive crossover.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi Nixie, what I wrote above was complete nonsense, sorry for that, my mistake.
Dcx actually behaves very much like classic active XO with opamps, but with many more possibilities to adjust and it's perfect in response. It's actually fantastic cheap (ish) product.
It needs to have spdif input, and 6 channel volume control must be solved somehow. Many other improvements are possible to make it thtuth hi end machine, see Kevin's posts.