CEC CD2100 issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Got some strange issues with a CEC cd player. it has been working fine for a long time when a few weeks ago it started having difficulties recognizing cd's and than the tray wouldn't open any longer. I replaced the belt and the tray problem is now fixed but when I close it with a cd in it nothing happens (laser doesn't focus and motor doesn't spin). At some point I accidentally touched the little switch that indicates that the laser pickup is in its initial position (interrupting the connection momentarily) and immediately the lens tried to focus. I than tried putting a little piece of paper between the contacts, closed the tray with a cd and briefly touched the wires coming from the switch together, the cd started spinning and recognises the tracks. If I press play nothing happens but if I than touch the two wires again it reads the first 30 seconds of the first track and starts skipping badly after that. :confused:

Found the problem, second time I ordered a belt from a well known ebay shop and second time it doesn't work like it should. The belt is way too tight and doesn't allow the pickup to backup just enough to release the close switch and enable focusing. the skipping is also due to the same thing. I put the old belt back in and helped the tray a little to close it and the cd instantly started playing. The only thing is, he seems to be the only one selling belts for this player, does anyone know of a place I could get the correct belt ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.