Denon AVR-1100 "PROTECT"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings

I have a Denon AVR-1100 amp that haven't been used for a couple of years. Unfortunately, the amp boots into a "protect" mode after a few seconds when powered on. No speakers or inputs (CD/AUX/PHONO etc.) is connected when producing the error.

Does anyone have an idea of this error? Is it an easy fix? I'm somewhat handy with a soldering iron and I'm ready to take on a time consuming task as long components won't be too expensive.

Links to general resources regarding this topic or advice regarding the issue will be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Joined 2013
Paid Member
Have you checked DC on the speaker connectors? Assume this is reason for protection, but if that is acceptable, say <50mV, then you will need to check voltages (very carefully and only if you can do so safely) on both the main voltage lines and the low voltage accessory voltage (probably 12-15Vdc).
One these is usually the culprit and will guide what the repair needed and where to start.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.