F5m kit

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I'm wondering... I already got an F5 (and more)... but this one is even simpler.

So far I have not built a large amp, just the little BA23 and a few other things.

I'm thinking of building an F5m in a 4U chassis... sort of copy how the F5 was built... it definitely should be fun. But, how will it sound?

You'll have two flavors from which to choose. Choose one or both.

The essential kit includes both PCBs plus active devices for the amp.
The completion kit includes rectifiers, resistors, thermistors, caps and hardware for mounting.
I understand all of that, but for us overseas where the rising cost of air freight is a big cost and where one might have all of the components, then the ability to buy just the pcb's at maybe a reduced postage cost over the kits would be a great option.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
However builders who buy unpopulated-PCBs-only from other members; members who lay out and pay for board fab and then distribute unpopulated-PCBs-only, can purchase and use whichever manufacturer's power MOSFETs they happen to fancy. Buy as you please and thereby avoid forced choices -- also called "Hobson's Choices".

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
@gary s

Generally speaking, moving forward new projects in the store will not be sold as bare PCB. The minimum will be PCB + transistors, as this greatly assists people with obtaining the most difficult to source items.

Will there be a change in the future? I’m not going to say no, but I absolutely would not hold my breath.

• Thank You
Reactions: 7 users