Iron Pre Essentials Kits For The DIYA Store - Register Your Interest

Joined 2019
Paid Member
No need to review previous schematics. There have been some potentially minor changes. Attached are the latest.

SE Docs

Iron Pre SE buffers schm.png Iron Pre SE PSU schm.png Iron Pre SE input sel schm.png Iron Pre SE 2 more iron L.png Iron Pre SE 2 more iron R.png

Balanced Docs

Iron Pre buffers schm.png Iron Pre PSU schm.png Iron Pre input sel schm.png Iron Pre 2 more iron.png

• Thank You
Reactions: 6 users
It would be great to have a pcb only option!

Hubert
After you factor in how much the cinemag iron and fet's and PWBs cost, out of the asking price for the kit, I doubt the rest of the parts are going to cost very much more.

Cinemag iron can be long lead, you need to wait until they queue up the transformer you want. And the fets are expensive and hard to find.

So, IMHO, don't see a lot of demand for a PWB when you can get a kit at this asking price.

And if you want to use better parts, sub in better parts where you think it would be worthwhile.

Randy

After you factor in how much the cinemag iron and fet's and PWBs cost, out of the asking price for the kit, I doubt the rest of the parts are going to cost very much more.

Cinemag iron can be long lead, you need to wait until they queue up the transformer you want. And the fets are expensive and hard to find.

So, IMHO, don't see a lot of demand for a PWB when you can get a kit at this asking price.

And if you want to use better parts, sub in better parts where you think it would be worthwhile.

Randy
Hi Randy,

The thing is that I already have the cinemag and edcor transformers and a couple of jets pairs from past projects. I’m just saying that if it’s possible it would be great. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this situation.

Hubert

Joined 2008
Paid Member
F2J with fullrange is the First Watt sleeper…like stuffing Corvette engine into Miata…driving quietly with coy smile on face 😉

BTW…Papa mentioned more than once F2J is exceptional with compression driver

Spill the tea on “T”

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user