KEF R100 vs bigger ones

Oh that's getting better.
I wonder how reflective some tights would be. If I were to start making sausages. After a little thought, I could string the sock flat to the basket during insertion. Then pull the string.
I must first see why they sound different though. The difference won't just polish away.

The eBay R100s look to be going past the usual £200, and they are the wood effect ones.
I might have to let my uni-q spares go, to fund this.

This is what job satisfaction looks like
happynessdel.jpg
You need that for carpet rolls! Anyway, I agree my first reaction wasn’t the best. And you certainly have to avoid angel hair or any other fibrous stuff getting near the cone, it gets in the magnet gap easily and thus brings you further from home. Stockings are the sh!t indeed, but you could opt for the cheap wonder sponges (melamine foam), they do their job. Alternatively, have a look here: Merford, they sell ‘basotect’ as Flamex.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2009
Paid Member
If I were to start making sausages. After a little thought, I could string the sock flat to the basket during insertion. Then pull the string.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/adventures-in-cardioid.142691/#post-1808306

There is many ways to skin a Schroedinger's cat.

Ok. One the issue you face is on it's way.

Now the other: your cab sounding different.

This could be many things at play, from very simple one to impossible to fix.
Have you done a visual inspection of each cabinet ( the sub enclosures) to try to identify difference? Maybe Kef used some material on wall to damp panel, it fall from ungluing and a tweaker got rid of it? It could be a driver motor piece touching something which change freq of resonance of panels? Some physical bridge transmitting structural born resonance somewhere ( missing)?

You will need some special device to investigate ( mic+ driver to excite box won't do by themself). You'll need a contact transducer. Can be done and not to costly though.

I hope it's not a structural cabinet issue as it can be difficult to fix but you should have noticed it, it would be visible from outside i think.

Aside: most members here are good people. We have some cultural differences, professional or educational habits, comes from different backgrounds... and for many of us it happen in a non native language. It may lead to misunderstanding of people's intention. And given our center of interest we are in the boarder of beings weirdos as individuals. Maybe not we but i for sure so... Let's focus on the technical issue and learn things together.

Last edited: