Post a Picture that Makes You Laugh

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
please-do-not-walk-on-water.png

Reactions: 1 users
Except everything I can find online says that is fake. There are multiple versions of it with different countries for the ship and lighthouse. They are changed for whoever the group telling the joke wants to make look bad. Even in areas with fully automated lighthouses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lighthouse_and_naval_vessel_urban_legend
"The earliest known version of the joke appeared in a single-panel cartoon in the London weekly tabloid The Humorist, and was reproduced by the Canadian newspaper The Drumheller Review in 1931. It showed two men standing by their rails, shouting through megaphones:"

Keep in mind that not only would the captain in the audio have to mistake a lighthouse for a ship, they would have had to have plotted a course through a landmass using GPS.

It has always been fascinating to me that the vast amount of information available online actually seems to speed the transmission of urban legends rather than slowing it. I guess like all things information related, if we like the information we don't question it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Were cars taller back then or is this a 1930's SUV?

My "Model A Ford Restoration Handbook" gives the dimensions as Length155 5/32" o.a., height 70 3/4. the width of the body is not given, but the rear seat is 48" at the widest point.

Answered my own question, the car was 1 and 1/4" less than 6 Ft tall.

BigCar.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: