Show off your audiophile cat

These are the saddest of bereavements. I would rather bury 12 family members rather than 1 cat.
I felt I was crazy having similar feelings after losing (at 62) my first cat last year at just three years old after he was run over and killed instantly. Utterly overwhelming grief many times worse than losing many best friends/both parents/my baby son. Completely irrational, but there it is...

Reactions: 1 user
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 21.21.08.jpeg.png

Another audiophile cat

Reactions: 6 users
Ps. The blanket I have to use every night to cover up the table, he enjoys chewing up silicone cables, so far one set of expensive oscilloscope probes, some test leads, and a link cable from my favourite soldering station.. he is lucky he is so adorable, otherwise he could get adopted..

Reactions: 1 user
Very nice.... that's the reason you have those counters??...:)

I got back into playing with electronics as a hobby about 15 years ago, and eventually discovered these various audio related forums. They led me to purchasing an HP 3562A Dynamic Signal Analyzer, which led me to the HP mailing list. Folks there were griping about people buying the old counters and pillaging the nixies from them for clocks. I bought an HP 5245L to 'save' it from the scavengers, and that started me down the slippery slope of the madness of collecting and repairing old test gear. In fact the cat in the last picture above peering in at the tubes (my youngest) is named Nixie. He's one of seven. (Apparently I collect cats, too... o_O )

-Pat