The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Hay thank you so much for the advice , I will definitely try all this. What I am realy trying to get close to is the PMC MB2s XBD studio monitors as the cabs are designd around them and all the drivers ,so the info is out there but its all a matter of putting it all together with the filters .. If I could pass all the info onto someone else I would :geek:, anyway your help is much appreciated.. All the very best from Japan ,,

You need to connect them using a S/PDIF coax cable, the one with RCA plugs. This is the only way. Optical can only be used for input. So you have a master unit - the one with the remote - and a slave unit.

You connect the cable from the coax OUT of the master to the coax IN of the slave. You now connect to the amps via USB cable from your pc, and you define the master as master in the Hypex tool, and the slave as slave. Source lock the slave. Set channel of the master to left or right. And the slave to the other one of course.

This way both control commands (ON/OFF, volume change etc) and the audio stream will be sent over the coax from master to slave. You only need to send the audio to the master from your source. There's an exception to this when using analogue RCA connectors, but I'm sending stereo to my master via optical/toslink.

You can also send your audio stream via coax to your master (input) and still connect to the slave via coax (output)

Your slave needs to be powered up first or at the same time as the master.

Tip: This is all explained in the manual, I read it a few times, it helps ;)

Reactions: 1 user