Welcome to the new diyAudio platform - feedback wanted!

A big thanks to everyone who put in some undoubtedly long hours migrating the site! Congrats on not blowing it up. This has happened before, e.g. PE TechTalk was so screwed up after a "migration/update" that it was down or useless for weeks or months with lost user logins and data. It was a disaster. So much so that I stopped visiting it, and so did most users. Before that there was the Mad Board disaster. Very, very glad that nothing like that happened here!

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
"Original poster" icon
OriginalPosterIcon.gif
under member-name is new and valuable.Will anybody get it? We will see.

Thanks for the feedback. Noted about the new stock smily face sizes compared with the classic ones. I'll look into that.

Regards "unreadable" are you talking specifically about the front page or when viewing an actual thread?
Vertical space usage that leads the eye, basically. Irrespective of zoom, just vertically tightening (while preserving some delineation between posts). Atop each post, the size of the "XX minutes ago" is too big. The whole LHS avatar column is burning space, too. The overall first impression was a lot of wasted space and inability to just vacuum-up the usual quantity of info in one sweep (like you referred-to with your 12 years ago "front door" experience).

Basically, we're all geeks and we're used to density. Tell the programmers we want to scan it like they scan code and maybe that'll help. We want to fly down the board and find out where to dive in like they want to do the same with code. I know this board has never been set-up this way, but density like old BBS's or Usenet; examples are good. Again, this diyA isn't this, but check a screenie from the asylum. One scan, you can see what's happening, who said it, when it happened, and dive-in or move-on. That's the front door use-case for any subforum to me.

Attachments

• he_asylum_bbs.jpg
    he_asylum_bbs.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 101
Wow! What a new uptown look. I always thought that change should be incremental. Nothing incremental about this. :) Now this ole man has to learn something new all over again. Thanks a lot. ;) Haven't looked around much yet. Where can I find all my subscriptions? Please tell me they're in there somewhere.