10F/RS225 WAW / FAST TL Speaker

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Say, what do you use to cut the foam board stuff with? Straight edge and box cutter, or a bit more elegant solution? I've never messed with it, Ive seen model railroaders and slot car tracks mounted on that stuff with all the grass, trees, buildings etc for scenery stuck on. Light weight and it deadens the clackety clack of the train/ car.

Looks like you got reasonably smooth edges on those smaller cabs. Very interested in this Scan speak tweeter/midrange, can't wait to hear it.
I normally like higher efficiency above 90 dB but this is about the same efficiency as my smaller monitor 2 ways. This should outperform those easily. Thanks for adding the dimensions for smaller version!

Russellc

Say, what do you use to cut the foam board stuff with? Straight edge and box cutter, or a bit more elegant solution? I've never messed with it, Ive seen model railroaders and slot car tracks mounted on that stuff with all the grass, trees, buildings etc for scenery stuck on. Light weight and it deadens the clackety clack of the train/ car.

Looks like you got reasonably smooth edges on those smaller cabs. Very interested in this Scan speak tweeter/midrange, can't wait to hear it.
I normally like higher efficiency above 90 dB but this is about the same efficiency as my smaller monitor 2 ways. This should outperform those easily. Thanks for adding the dimensions for smaller version!

Russellc
If you're talking about xps sheets, many people like using a hotwire cutter. They're particularly useful if curves are involved and easy to make. For limited use and straight lines, I'd probably just stick with the utility knife

@xrk971 Thank you. I suspected that may be the case when a search failed to show a new build or modifications to the foam panel units.
The tolerance for unfinished test gear in the house has waned over the years so I'll jump straight to cabinets with a higher WAF.
Thanks for all the hard work on this family of speakers. 👍
They've been in my radar for quite some time and the TLs tipped the scales.

Reactions: 1 user