12v Bluetooth Mixer

I am thinking about building a DIY 2 to 1 BT mixer as an alternative solution to the limited functionality (for my use) of bluetooth multipoint

Some background: I ride a mountain snowmobile and would like to be able to use in-helmet audio for music and communication. To communicate, we use FRS Push to Talk Radios (AKA Walkie Talkies). I have a BT PTT radio but for one reason or another, the experience leaves much to be desired when used with multipoint headphones. It seems to be super late to switch from Music to PTT, meaning I miss the majority of what is being said. After the PTT transmission is over, it simply does not ever switch back to music.

I realize there are a lot of things at play here that could be leading to a less than desirable experience. The nature of the PTT signal, PTT Radio software, Headphone software, BT Standards, etc. As such, it feels like my best solution is to simultaneously stream both audio sources and find a mix level where I can hear the radio over the music.

I am hoping to have this run on 12v battery power so that it can run while the sled is off. I would wire it into the 12v accessory power to ensure it can charge the battery while the sled is running.

I will always have my primary PTT radio on my backpack shoulder strap and will use that for speaking or hearing comms when my helmet is off. I do not need the BT mixer/radio to be able to receive voice.

How scary is this project? It seems relatively simple in principle but maybe I am overestimating. Has anyone found any guides doing something similar I can use as a starting point? Any recommendations on things to look into or things to stay away from?