• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2005 GP in chassis rca, speaker post, ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm collecting pre-order now for the following to see if quantity is large enough to start the GP

1. a pair of RCA plus shielding/protection cap $5 per pair + shipping
2. a pair of binding post $5 per pair + shipping
3. aluminum knob1 $5.75 per pair + shipping
4. aluminum knob2 $5.75 per pair + shipping

Pls email me the quantity and payment method by 01/20/2005.
Orde only the quantity you intend to keep the commitment
Payment by check, paypal from bank account.

For the detail of items 1 and 2 please check
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34905
knob1: 30mm long, 30mm diameter, bottom 40mm
knob2: 25mm long, 30mm diameter
both fit most VR or switch, no more details

Attachments

• knob1.jpg
    knob1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 2,115
answers to some questions:
1. The RCA and binding post are pretty much of the standard sizes. I do not have accurate enough tool to measure them.
I replace some in my commercial units and do not have any problem.
2. everyone can go to www.usps.com to estimate the shipping cost since you have the origin and detination zips. You can make a rough estimate on the weight. It won't be too far away. In fact, that's how I did it in last GP.
3. do not pay now. make the change as you wish before 01/20/2005. Then I'll place the order based on the number on 01/20/2005. After I receive the parts, I'll post the notice here and serve based on first pay first send.

sizing?

Anybody know what the size specs are for these RCA's and binding posts? I want to use them as a replacement in a commercial amp but i want to avoid drilling larger holes. so basically i need an idea of the following dimensions:

- what is the overall diameter of the RCA's? (so i could know the minimum spacing between them)

- what is the diameter of the RCA shaft that crosses through the chasis panel? (so i could know if they fit in the stock holes)

- what is the diameter of the binding post's shaft that crosses through the chasis panel?

I good estimate would suffice. thanks!

Ordering together?

I would like to order some binding posts, RCAs and knobs, but my PayPal is with VISA (not setup for bank transfer). I was wondering if someone ordering from Montreal wouldn't mind also ordering for me. We can split shipping and I can pay cash.

Kudret

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.